Linear array speaker is a group of integrated units arranged in straight lines closely, which has the same amplitude and phase. Linear array speaker shows a narrow beam in the vertical plane of the spindle. Energy superposition can radiate at a long distance. The curved linear speaker assembly can make the lower end cover the near area, the middle and the upper end cover the middle area and the far area, forming an equal sound pressure cover from near to far. The linear array speaker is mainly used in the environment of high space and large area where need high demand for sound quality. Taking the 8-inch linear array L-8 as an example, the hoisting installation and matters needing attention for the linear array speaker will be introduced here.
1. Before installing the speaker, prepare the bracket and accessories, including the bracket, connection piece, steel wire rope, lifting ring screw rod (specification of M10), ring stainless steel expansion screw (specification of M8), steel wire rope clip (specification of M4), flat head screw (specification of M10), etc., as shown below:
2. Prepare the tools required for mounting the bracket, including percussion drill (No.12), hammer, wrench (No.12—14), tape measure, etc. :
3. After the accessories and installation tools are prepared, the mounting bracket should be first assembled:
4. After finishing the bracket assembly, prepare to drill holes in the ceiling. Before drilling holes, measure the size at the corresponding position with a tape measure, which corresponds to 4 holes in square. After punching the holes, fix the annular expansion screw into the hole, and connect it to the annular expansion screw hole with steel wire:
5. The steel wire clip is locked with double clip head to ensure that the steel wire rope will not slide down during operation. Disassemble the clamp, put the wire rope in, cover the plate and lock the screw:
6. After connecting the upper end of the wire rope, start connecting the assembled lifting bracket with the wire rope:
7. Finally, the linear array speaker is fixed on the lifting bracket in order:
This type of installation is suitable for the venue where the subwoofers are not lifted in low floor, which can reduce the space occupied by the equipment while ensuring the stability and safety of the speaker suspension.